Well, it's that time of year again... for me to pick a husband. You probably recall my postings over the last two seasons about the troubled and twisted relationships that I had with Kris Allen... and then the following year when I was dating both little Tim Urban and Lee Dywyze (until I finally settled for Lee). Two years in a row, I picked the winners and carried on tumultuous affairs with them until I had to cast them aside (especially when their careers became stagnant (i.e. tanked)). Momma didn't raise no fool.
This season promises much change. Gone are Simon, Ellen and the other girl (who cares what her name was) and in comes lips (Steven Tyler) and ass (Jennifer Lopez). Along with judge changes, there are some changes to the lineup, the mentors, song category selections and the way they're doing the tryouts. The only thing that stayed the same is teeth (Ryan Seacrest) and glasses (Randy Jackson)... and probably jammed-down-your-throat product placement from Ford, Coke and ATandT.
But back to the bigger question... who will be my boyfriend this year? Time will only tell. I have indicated that I am receptive to an offer and have cleared the month of May for a wedding... and I am, afterall, me (one of my favorite lines from Sigourney Weaver as the bitchy Katherine Parker in the 1988 motion picture comedy Working Girl (of which Melanie Griffith won a Golden Globe for Best Actress and Sigourney for Best Supporting Actress).

You and Kris Allen??? ...that two timing SOB
ReplyDelete"lips" and "ass".
ReplyDeleteYou're killing me here!
I'm looking forward to seeing American Idol for the first time in four years. Since I moved to Delaware, I didn't have access to local chanels on my DirecTV satellite. Now I do! I'll miss the other judges though. I can't see what Steven ($18 mil a year) Tyler and Jennifer ($12 mil a year) Lopez brings to the show. Both grossly overpaid. I hope JoLo drops her insincere sweetness phoniness and Steven Tyler stops acting like a 20 year old rocker which is no longer is and both act like real judges. Oh, Randy can drop the "Dawg" adjectives, nouns, pronouns, et al.
ReplyDeleteI ended up changing the channel after the first 4... Can't stand the new judges. Total wishy-washy crap!
ReplyDeleteWill try back in a few weeks.
perhaps the lovely matt cardle would be a good judge?
ReplyDelete