Sunday, January 9, 2011

Coming Full Circle

Well, as quick as it came about, it happened.  The trip is booked for Feb 26th through March 5th.  We'll be staying at the Gran Melia Cancun.  Years ago, on one of my trips there, I remember being with my boyfriend staying at a hotel down the street from this hotel.  One day, we walked onto the property to check it out and I remember thinking that it was would have been a dream to be able to stay there and it would never happen in my lifetime.  The hotel is in the shape of a pyramid... the interior has an atrium that goes the height of the hotel, and the doors to the rooms all open upon it.  There are vines that grow over the railings that could be 10 stories high.  It will be a dream come true to stay here... some 15+ years later.  I can't wait. 



1 comment: