Monday, July 5, 2010

Wrapping It Up

Last night's fireworks went off without loss of limb or wig, so that's a good thing... I didn't really sit and watch them... in Pittsburgh, we light off fireworks for every little reason (with one of the largest manufacturers located near here), so you've seen one go off, you've seen them all.  And since the hillside fire incident upstaged them last year, this year without tragedy was kind of just plain.  I suggested that we take a drag queen or two in 5" heels and maybe shoot off some bottle rockets at their beehive hairdo's to test their trajectory skills and ability to navigate quickly in heels, but they didn't seem to go for that sort of thing.

There isn't too much that I haven't seen, heard, smelled or touched this weekend in some fashion.  I am on sensory overload.  I feel like I need another 5 or 6 days to just decompress.  Again, it's just amazing what we, as gays, discount as everyday occurances... but in rapid-fire succession, it can really push your levels of tolerance.  I can't even go into detail with some of the extreme situations that I've witnessed this weekend, but it feels like I've been doing my own 5" heel navigation to avoid them... I can empathize with the drag queens.  BTW... years ago, my friends said if I were to do drag, my drag name would be Anelle Retentiff (not pronounced anal retentive... but with a slight french accent, (A-nell Re-ten-teeeff).

I have become somewhat jaded and numb when it comes to finding someone... at least someone normal.  When I was young, a concession I'd make was that they wore Izod instead of Polo... or drove a BMW instead of a Mercedes.  What a silly fuck I was.  Youth is surely wasted on the young.  Now, it's who's job is it going to be to carry your oxygen tank... are you going to kill me in my sleep... and where are the rest of your teeth?  The likelihood of meshing with someone seems like an impossibility, at the very least.

I have a few massages this morning, then I'm heading back to what is usually deemed 'reality'... but after this weekend, this is just as much a reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment