Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bits and Pieces

I haven't exactly been motivated to write lately.  I'm not really depressed, just trying to adjust to my new schedule, or lack thereof.  This week so far has been a little bit of this, a little bit of that, with nothing major happening. 

We went to see the movie Inception last night.  Being 2 hours and 45 minutes long, you hardly felt the time.  The plot was something I've never seen before, with twist after twist.  Taking place mostly in dream worlds, it left the plot open to include anything and go anywhere.  Definitely worth seeing.

There's been a few people over to my Dad's this week, with one person having come back 3 times.  I'm hoping they put an offer in.  Starting out at $178k and now down to $145k, it's like standing on a corner selling a $20 bill for ten bucks... of course it's going to generate interest.  I am slightly jacked off that we're down to this amount, but to get it sold, get my Dad's shit paid off and not have to worry about his finances, I'd practically give it away.

Saturday, I'm going with Jesse to his brother's wedding.  I've met the whole family before, but I'm a little nervous.  Fortunately, it's somewhat of a casual wedding... but it will be the first time in over a year that I've had any type of dress clothes on and haven't worn a hat... and that makes me nervous.  On the other hand, I feel it's a great step forward for our relationship... and I'm happy that things are going so well, to say the least.

Next week, I have my Monday work to do, and then I'm probably leaving Tuesday for Philly for a few days, then going on to Rehoboth Beach for the weekend to stay with Scott and Al.  I was going to go to Orlando or Myrtle Beach, but decided to stay more local.

Yesterday, mid-day, as I was trying to do some research on the massage laws, I developed a pinched nerve in my neck and had to head home, and I wound up sleeping 3 hours because the pain was so intense.  I couldn't even see straight.  I was able to figure out that I'm screwed and need to just study and take the test... I'll be signing up for a review website where I can look at some questions and the logic behind it and hopefully get the test taken... and may be expanding my massage business into Pittsburgh this Fall.  I've spent a lot of time and money honing my skills and I'm not ready to walk away from it.

Tonight, Jesse and I are heading down to the casino to meet up with Scott.  I miss hanging out with him... we were each other's support systems at camp.  Fortunately the casino is halfway between us, so we'll get to keep doing our big night out.  Look buffet, here we come.

1 comment:

  1. David - I know you know nthat it will all work out as far as the massage goes! I have great faith in you and what your trying to do in life.
    I am so happy for you as far as getting to spend some time with Jesse's family this weekend. You get to do the grown-up couple function for a occasion of love which will be really nice for you both.
    I am praying the house will sell, the massage business gets straightened out, and we continue to hang out together whenever we can. I truly believe in the power of positive thinking and some of those thoughts are that everything will work out in your life, and mine!
    Thanks for being a special friend to me~! Love ya!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete