Sunday, July 4, 2010

One, Two, Three, Fourth

Like old age, the humidity is creeping back... but with the weather that we've had over the last week, you can't complain. Even if given the chance to hand-pick it, you couldn't come up with such a great combination for this time in July if you tried.

Yesterday, I did 8 massages back-to-back, with another 4 spread out over the previous couple of days, and another 3 or 4 today, so I have been busy.  The night before last, anticipating a long day, I decided to get my drunk on early with plans on winding down early so I could still have fun but not make it too hard for my big day of massages.  Well... I drank my blueberry vodka and Sprite like it was liquid candy and proceeded to get so shit-faced that an hour later, I went into my room and just passed out, waking up in the morning with a horrific hangover to start my day with.  Yesterday was miserable.  Last night was the outdoor partyand I sipped on a mudslide so as not to have a repeat of the night before.

There will be fireworks tonight put on by the resort, which is always fun (except for the year that the hillside caught fire, where we had to scamble to hook up hoses long enough to extend down into the field... meanwhile, queens running to get the valuables out of thier tents (hot rollers, favorite pair of heels, portable air conditioners, wigs) before the approaching fire engulfed their site).  Anyway, I digress... the backdrop of stars with the fireworks makes for a beautiful viewing, lighting up the surrounding hills.  I'm sure the locals around the place are like 'there go the gays again, being fabulous".  The 'blackout' party is the dance tonight, which means a lot of black lights which will mean a lot of scary looking people... moreso than usual. Not as much as seeing them in broad daylight though.  A gays best friend is ambient or mood lighting... it cuts the harshness like a knife through butter (that reminded me of toast which reminded me of my Dad... 6 days away, the toast crumbs in the kitchen must be all over the place).

I'm looking forward to heading home.  It's not been as 'in your face' gay as Memorial Day was, having a more relaxed feel toa big weekend for a change.  I'm really exhausted and have a few projects to do this week, so it will be out of the frying pan and into the oven for me.  I've decided to take a mini vacation for myself, by myself... and I was looking at some beachy options, but I'm more in the mood for a city adventure on foot.  Maybe Boston?  I have been chatting with a nice guy from Pittsburgh and I actually may go on a date again.  Sadly, he is from the same town as the guy from my last date, with the psychotic boyfriend.  Let's hope it's not in that town's water.

Happy 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment