There's word of an offer possibly coming in on my Dad's house, so I am nervously waiting, holding my breath, praying, crossing everything that will cross, etc. I left yesterday to go to camp... I couldn't wait to get out of town. Like a watched phone that never rings, I thought it might work out better if I wasn't sitting around waiting.
Scott and I went to the casino again last night and I ended up breaking even for the second time in a row. We were able to play for a few hours, hit the buffet and look at the yocals... fun times. Sunday, I'm leaving camp to come back early and meet up with everyone to go to Kennywood, a Pittsburgh landmark/tradition/amusement park. Today, I came off the mountain for more puppy therapy, a nice luncheon at McDonald's and some Dollar stores. Woo woo... I'm living large.
Looks like I finally broke 5000 hits on the blog from my American friends alone... I've made some posts about the milestones along the way and, after talking to Scott last night until 4 a.m. under the stars, I've realized that the blog has helped me to have a greater acceptance of myself, my habits, idiosyncrasies, morals and thought processes... and I might actually think that I'm not as messed up as I previously thought. I happen to put this song randomly into a playlist that Scott and I listened to on the way to the casino last night... there's a line in there around 3:40 that says "ooo, don't let me start loving myself"... I don't think I'm to that point in my self-therapy, but I think I may like me a smidge. I don't think I'd do a long car trip with myself, but short spurts are getting more bearable. And so, It's Nano your business what I'm listening to...


we saw Bette in concert at radio city in newyork a year or two ago!!!
ReplyDeletecracking night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Possibly let my actions give you a boost.
ReplyDelete1) you are lovable.
I have consistently checked on you and wanted to get to know you as a friend from day one. Last year we met at the urinals at camp. You tried to spit in the urinal and missed and the spit landed on your wrist. I laughed and looked into your eyes. You said; "I usually don't spit." I was too shy at that time to introduce myself.
As I got to know you and your blog; please take this affirmation to your heart. I want your friendship because you are you. We both have witnessed at camp every dysfunction that can occur: guys "3 sheets to the wind at 2pm", guys who have worn a path in the dirt right to the barn, guys who have more partners in a day then we have had in six months. etc etc. You are not like the above; and with all the temptations to succumb to be like the rest, you hold your ground. That is very attractive. If you did not have that handsome face or wonderful smile, I still would be writing this.
So take a minute and look up to the sky and thank God for everything you have been through. "Pat yourself on the back and say; "I am truly loveable." many good people think so!!!
Your friend, Enil