Wednesday, July 21, 2010

From Icy to Smokin'

Last night, I went to meet up with Julie at the hockey arena near my house... her son, Dan, plays on a team there.  After pointedly being told that the ball is called a puck and it's a period, not an inning... it seemed to go a little better after that. 
I spent the night at Jesse's for the first time in who knows how long... it felt like I was home, with a feeling that I can't even explain in words.  His Chihuahua, Chi Chi, was snuggled up in between us.  She's so tiny and she'll go way down under the covers and you don't see her until morning. I don't know how she doesn't suffocate. 

Meanwhile, back at the homestead, I haven't heard anything more about the so-called offer that was supposed to come in on my Dad's house... and my Dad has discovered The Three Stooges reruns on TV... so it's Stooges, toast, Price is Right, 14 Western movies, then the horseshoe courts, repeat.  Today, I have to do a little bit of work at the Marriott, then a few loads of laundry... and tomorrow, back to camp for a busy weekend of Christmas in July.  It will remind me of when I spent Christmas last year in Florida.  All the tents and buildings will be decorated and there's a grab bag and everything.  Before you know it, the real Christmas will be coming, for as fast as the year is going.  I'm still in the process of planning my vacation for the first week in August... just don't know where I'm going yet.

2 comments:

  1. David,
    He is truly adorable and I am soo happy for you! You deserve to be happy and get the best the world has to offer. Concentrate on enjoying every moment as it is truly a blessing!
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK....so hockey wasn't necessarily your "thang".....we'll try gymnastics next. I have a feeling you're gonna like that MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete