Saturday, July 10, 2010

Eating Right and Being Dirty

About a year ago, I thought that I would try to eat better, so I bought some veggie burgers and put them in the freezer... and that's where they sat for all that time.  Recently, I thought I'd try again and tonight, I finally had two... I like to put them on a hamburger bun with a little bit of apricot jelly, which adds a great sweetness to the vegetables in them.  Leave it to me to add the carbs and sugar to wreck the healthy aspect of them. 

Today was a real bitch.  I finally went to Julie's house to do some work for her... we built a wall and filled it with river rock that we picked out of another bed... we dug up some things and moved them or removed them for good... edged some new beds and dug out the grass... and started raising the beds with 4 tons of dirt.  Mind you, it's showing 85 degrees on the thermometer.  I think I sweat enough to qualify for 5 of Richard Simmon's 'Sweating to the Oldies' videos... and covered with dirt.  Not fun.  Tomorrow, I have to pick up a bunch of plants and trees and plant them, followed by more bed raising and mulch.  I've got a few days of work at the Marriott as well this coming week, and that should take me into camp next weekend.

A quick shout out to Terri on facebook... she lives right up the road from Julie and I was jaggin' (Pittsburghese for 'kidding') her about was she going to come over and fan me all day and bring me cool refreshments... so at around 11 a.m., she showed up with a large McDonald's sweet tea that hit the spot.  I was floored and also very appreciative that she did that... and she offered me her pool to jump in, but it would have been like Pigpen jumping in... the water would have turned brown.

This week has been difficult for me.  I kind of shut down a bit earlier in the week, partly due to being exhausted from last weekend, but partly due to just not knowing what to do with myself when I actually have a minute to myself.  I get lonely when I'm not working a lot, and it gives me too much time to think without my mind being occupied by something else and I feel lost.  I saw three movies this week, ending with Predators, which is so not my kind of movie, but I highly enjoyed it and it kept my mind off things.  Fortunately, I'm busy again... but I think this is what happens to me in the Winter when I am unoccupied with a lot of stuff.  I will definitely get a job this Winter to keep myself busy.  Probably at Red Robin... I love that place!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment