I feel like I've been broadsided with Monday like a blue-hair with a fresh social security check with tunnel-vision in a LeSabre over a parking spot at K-Mart on blue-light special day.
This past weekend was pretty rough. With some very strenuous landscaping work mixed in with the heat... I'm wiped out. I got up around 6 a.m. today thinking that I'd get a jump-start on the 7 hour grass cutting ritual that I have on Mondays before it rained and got hot. Little did I know that I'd find a pot of gold... turns out with the heat and no rain, the grass didn't grow at all. I was done in an hour, only having to trim up a few areas and I blew some debris out of the parking lot. Meanwhile, the rain that went from a 20% chance to 60% in a matter of an hour, turned out to be a few sprinkles followed by lots of sun. I have to remove dead plants/flowers that were incinerated or eaten up by bugs last week and add some more mulch to a few beds that washed away in the repetitive floods. Meanwhile, I could have gotten most of it done today if not for the threat of rain. That's the last time I trust the radar.
This past weekend was pretty rough. With some very strenuous landscaping work mixed in with the heat... I'm wiped out. I got up around 6 a.m. today thinking that I'd get a jump-start on the 7 hour grass cutting ritual that I have on Mondays before it rained and got hot. Little did I know that I'd find a pot of gold... turns out with the heat and no rain, the grass didn't grow at all. I was done in an hour, only having to trim up a few areas and I blew some debris out of the parking lot. Meanwhile, the rain that went from a 20% chance to 60% in a matter of an hour, turned out to be a few sprinkles followed by lots of sun. I have to remove dead plants/flowers that were incinerated or eaten up by bugs last week and add some more mulch to a few beds that washed away in the repetitive floods. Meanwhile, I could have gotten most of it done today if not for the threat of rain. That's the last time I trust the radar.I was able to get some errands done... I needed to pick up a new boom box and a speaker for my truck (that the fabulous Miss Jennifer Hudson tore up, singing the featured song "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" in the lead role as Effie White in the Broadway remake of Dreamgirls)... and I was able to install it without blowing the truck up (so far). I treated myself to IHOP this morning... I got the big fat girl platter with 4 pieces of bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese, hash browns and featuring the newly-added pancakes... lemon with a berry sauce. Yummy! Of course, to cut the fat and sugar, I had a Diet Coke, so it all cancels itself out in the long run.
No comments:
Post a Comment