Thursday, April 29, 2010

What Else Is New

Everyone wonders why I'm a realist with a leaning towards pessimism... 

This morning, I got a call at 6:30 a.m. from 'the boyfriend'... of Mike's, the guy that I accidentally met.  Apparently 'the boyfriend' found my business card in Mike's wallet.  And while I'm appreciative that he called me to inform me of what Mike obviously forgot to tell me, I don't want to be pulled into any relationship problems and I don't have any intention of being a third anything to anyone. 

Normally, I would take this experience and then go into a rant about people cheating and how that is so not me... but I'm too tired and don't care that much to go into it.  Pretend that this is one of those days at school where the teacher is taking hits off his bong under his desk and you don't learn anything.  Actually, the lesson is 'expect nothing, get nothing, no big fucking deal because you knew it was going to happen anyway'.


4 comments:

  1. Wow......you are worthy of so much more. He obviously isn't worth your time or effort. Moving on.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dick his boyfriend is. He should have been bitching at Mike for cheating, not calling you at a ridiculous hour. It's not your fault if Mike never told you he was taken. They both sound like wonderful people who deserve each other.
    - Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll just echo what Julie said. I've been there before, too. If you have problems in your current relationship either work it out or end it. Don't drag me into some sick "experiment" to see if the grass is greener!

    ReplyDelete