I finished up a lot of projects today and my Dad cut all the grass. I got the whole house mulched and put down some decorative rocks. I got all of my tools gathered up and did a light cleaning on the house. It looks really great. We just got done in time for the real estate agent (my friend Kim) to come by and get some measurements and take some pictures. It is officially ready to be put on the market. The pictures below are the ones I took myself (you can click on them to see the original size pics)... The next-to-last pic is of the attic (it used to be our playroom), and the last is the satellite view with the yard outlined.
Monday, April 19, 2010
So Happy I Could Cry
Today at my Dad's was a good day... it was kind of bittersweet though. With the trees blooming (Flowering Cherry and Lilac) outside and the grass cut... and everything cleaned up inside, it was one of the first times that I half expected my Mom to come out on the porch or around the corner in the kitchen. Today was emotional as well because not only am I tired of the whole project, but I now realize that my childhood is just about to go up on the sales block. With the state of the house before, I disassociated myself with it... now, I can see so much history again. The property has such an old-fashioned charm to it, with the long driveway and huge trees on either side of the front yard. In the second picture, you can see the long-needle pine tree that I planted as a kid... it was smaller than the Charlie Brown Christmas tree at the time... now look at it.
I finished up a lot of projects today and my Dad cut all the grass. I got the whole house mulched and put down some decorative rocks. I got all of my tools gathered up and did a light cleaning on the house. It looks really great. We just got done in time for the real estate agent (my friend Kim) to come by and get some measurements and take some pictures. It is officially ready to be put on the market. The pictures below are the ones I took myself (you can click on them to see the original size pics)... The next-to-last pic is of the attic (it used to be our playroom), and the last is the satellite view with the yard outlined.
I finished up a lot of projects today and my Dad cut all the grass. I got the whole house mulched and put down some decorative rocks. I got all of my tools gathered up and did a light cleaning on the house. It looks really great. We just got done in time for the real estate agent (my friend Kim) to come by and get some measurements and take some pictures. It is officially ready to be put on the market. The pictures below are the ones I took myself (you can click on them to see the original size pics)... The next-to-last pic is of the attic (it used to be our playroom), and the last is the satellite view with the yard outlined.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

what a lovely big garden...
ReplyDeletei would fill it with chickens!!!
memories can be bittersweet
Wow, David........it looks absolutely great. And you're right....so many memories there. Even though we spent most days at my house down the street, I still remember trudging through your back yard every morning so we could be at the bus stop together. And we'd always leave from your house to go to the rope swing....how about the days spent going to the mini mart - I'd watch you play Space Invaders....and all the summer days we'd walk to Robinson pool. Jeez.....I'm gettin' all misty!
ReplyDelete