I had a very productive Earth Day, yesterday. I had to meet the Municipal Authority at my Dad's at 8:30 to go over the city water connection and what needed to be done to hook into it if having well water at the house became a negotiating issue in selling it... then I had breakfast with Elaine at IHOP (yummy strawberry cheesecake pancakes)... then loaded up the truck, went back to my Dad's to take off some carpet tack strips on the stairs (so people wouldn't get hurt) and cleaned the wood floors.. then went to the Marriott and removed a jagger tree equipped with 2 inch prickly jaggers ALL over it along with all the other trees I trimmed in the parkiing lot, took those to the compost site and stopped at my Aunt's to remove a few dead limbs that broke off with the snow but were just hanging from the tree still (having to climb up it to get to them)... finished up back at the Marriott by digging out some patchy grass areas then went home and took apart my hedge trimmer to sharpen the blade and now I can't get it back together again.The plan was to be ready for mulch on Monday, but with the next wave of storms, looks like next week, starting from tomorrow, will be very wet and unproductive, since it's pretty much not possible to do mulch in the rain. Blame will fall on me for not harnassing Mother Nature... this will push us back, which they will not be happy about. It was going like a stick of butter... not any more.
number four on YUM
ReplyDeletei feel old...........................