Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gone to the Birds

Today, it was back at my Dad's again.  He was busy painting the basement (starving the roller)... while I was all over the house trying to get things done.  I hooked up the bathroom sink and drain and thoroughly cleaned the bathroom (which is completely done).  I've used the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers in the past... but I just couldn't believe what a great job it did on the bathtub, the shower stall downstairs and all the kitchen cabinets inside and out.  I started to put the new knobs on but they don't fit.  I still have so much to do yet before Monday, and tomorrow may be a landscaping day.

I'm really tired.  All the scrubbing not only exhausted me, but pissed me off as well.  It's hard for me to be over there, devoting all this time to fixing and cleaning the place up... and all the while, I am fuming inside that my brother made all this mess and I'm stuck cleaning it up.  Same with my nephew (that used to live there for a summer) and my brother's friend.  None of them did a thing but make a mess.  Somehow, I have to find a way to work through this anger and resentment I have for them. It just amazes me that, with all the money they conned my Dad out of, and continue to in ways... I'm the one that is doing all the work and they're nowhere to be found. 

Early this morning at my Dad's, I heard this sound at the back door.  There used to be these wooden lattice panels that I took off, and I think it's confusing the birds.  All day long, this cute little bird tried getting in and then would fly around to the other window and just look in at me (from the bottom right box in the pic).  If there's one thing that I inheirited from my Dad, it's his love of birds.  With his birdfeeder mounted outside our balcony... and bird book in one hand and binoculars in the other... it's the Price Is Right and bird watching from my leather couch that I never get to sit on because I'm never home every day.  I'm about to mount the hummingbird feeder out there as well.  My whole life has gone to the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment