Yesterday was truly an exercise in patience for me... for the simple reason that I had my brother working with me. Hard to keep focused, needing constant interraction and always thinking he knows the best way which always has a short-cut in it... he can be trying.
Since he has done nothing but rip my Dad off for the last ten years, he doesn't get the whole 'take care of your tools and they'll take care of you' philosophy... mainly because he has never had to pay for anything himself. His answer is to beat the shit out of everything and buy a new one (or, rather, me or my Dad buy a new one). Were it up to him yesterday, I would have been buying a dump truck and a chipper, which would be nice to have, but expensive and not needed in what I do. Having said that (background story)... I told him to be careful with my chainsaw because, although I was able to cut 40-some trees down with it with no problem, 3 bushes out of 37 and he broke it. Being right over the hill from the Home Depot, I took it up there (without a receipt) and they gave me a whole new one (surprisingly) and instead of the 14" size, they had to give me the 16" size since they were out. After that, it went well, less him chewing up my chains one after another. Again, he's so hard on stuff that it almost makes it not worth having him help.
I received word yesterday that the Marriott's audit will be sometime in the next ten or so days, so I'm kind of backed into a corner again. Fortunately, what I have done so far to get ready for the big-wig that never showed, has prepared me for the audit, so it's not so bad. It wouldn't be right though if I weren't backed into some corner though.
Other than that, that's about it for my life right now... Oh.. Glee was on last night and it was a great show... I've kinda lost interest in AI at this point without Tim on there.

No comments:
Post a Comment