Sunday, April 11, 2010

I Go Out Walkin', After Midnight...

Last night, I went to this little straight bar in Rochester, PA to see my friend Julie sing with her band.  Their's was the opening act, but it should have been the headliner (if my management company had anything to do with it (look how far I've gotten Tim Urban))... it was good to hear Julie's sing live for the first time in over 25 years.  Being her biggest fan and organizer of a few fan clubs (The Jul Tones..  The Jul-eries... I'm not Lisa, my name is Julie (only for those who remember the late 70's))... it's great that she's using her instrument and talent.  It was a fun night had by all.

Very confusing for me in a straight bar, it's hard to relax and it's a bit like kryptonite.  At first I'm looking at the straight guys, then realizing they are straight and with the girls... then I (ever so briefly) look at the girls (spit up in my mouth a little bit) and flirt with a girl with a guy, then look at the guy, remember that he's straight and then run to the nearest gay bar where my powers are fully functional, but the guys are fully disfunctional.  It's a scarring process and the reason I stay out of straight bars.  Either way, I walk out empty-handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment