Friday, April 2, 2010

All-American Girl...

The concert tonight was awesome.  Opening the show was Sons of Silvia... then Craig Morgan... then Carrie came on.  I was completely entertained for 3.5 hours and just sat there, sort of starstruck.  I know I've said this before, but Carrie Underwood is the epitome of what every girl in this country should strive for... she is everything pure, honest and good.  With a fantastic career... a wonderful voice... a great family... a handsome boyfriend (fiance?)... she has it all... and deserves it all.  It's great to see someone make it to the top for being good... not being a little whore, like... oh, I don't know.... Miley Cirus?  That hot-pants wearing, gravely smoker's raspy voiced little harlequin... she doesn't even come close to Carrie as a role model.

Straight from American Idol season winner status... a grammy or two (et al)... and Grand Ole Opry induction... she put on quite a show!  With at least 10 outfit changes (girl likes to bang out some rhinestones and show her killer legs), coming up from the floor, down from a swing, across on a flying pickup truck (see the pics, it was suspended from wires and she was in the back of it as it moved over the audience on a track, from one end of the stage to the other), singing in a lit up dress... there was so much fabulousness going on... I thought I would pop my Easter bonnet.  She sang about 15 songs... and although it wasn't a hoot-n-hollerin', jump out of your seat type concert (mainly because she has so many ballads in her collection), like when I went to Reba/Kelly Clarkson (of course I was drunk off my ass, had a cowboy hat on and took off my plaid shirt and twirled over my head like a lasso (not one of my prouder moments))... it was just what I needed after a long day.  Below are some shots from my phone of some of the sets.... you couldn't really see her... it was difficult to get a good shot with everything moving and the lights flashing.




No comments:

Post a Comment