I just sat down and tallied the hours that I have put in at the Marriott... in the last 8 days straight, I spent 102 hours working on this project... the project that required me to start before my contract started... and take about a month's worth of cleanup and compress it into 6 days because they were having a couple of big-wigs come in today at 2 p.m.. THIS IS THE KICKER.... (wait for it).... (wait for it)............ they didn't show up!! All these hours and rushing though it for NOTHING.
With them wanting everything to be in bloom... and my trek around town to find annuals to there'd be color (being laughed at by the nurseries and even the checkout girl at Home Depot), no one wants to listen to me that it's only the first week of April. Although today it was 83, it's going down into the 30's and may possibly snow late tomorrow night.
I told them if the big-wigs do show up, tell them that the landscaper is on vacation.... at a Hilton, Doubletree... or Hyatt. I sure as hell won't be anywhere near that place for the next couple of days.
(By the way, I am not responsible for the placement of the tulips in the pictures... the idiots before me randomly threw the bulbs... I wouldn't do such haphazard plantings... at the end of the season, I plan to replant them with some sort of semblance)

No comments:
Post a Comment