Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yesterday...

Truly, a miserable day... between the sun, 10 yards of mulch, a ticking clock and my brother's diarreah of the mouth... it wasn't a pleasant day.  The only thing that made the day was two guests who told the shuttle driver that they couldn't believe how manicured the place was for the beginning of April... fortunately, the driver told the G.M., so that was good.  Things are just beginning to pop out of the ground and grow in from ripping so much out last year that was overgrown.  Along with crapping mulch, I think clients think that I have a light switch that I flip that turns on the growing cycle... and that there's a variable dimmer to speed the process.  They've got this thing with 'give me color'... 'make it pop'.... how about I pop you in the nose and you land in Florida, where there's color all year around.  Not only did my two landscaping nurseries laugh at me, but also the clerk at the Home Depot when I asked them where the annuals were.  I know it's too early, especially with it going from 83 degrees today down to 35 this weekend... but I found some annual scraps and will be planting them today... it's like marching them to their graves and then shooting them.  Oh, the innocent.  I hope the big-wig guy today appreciates it... and also has a lick of sense to realize that it's Pittsburgh in April.  We've got the only mulch, cut grass and annuals in town...

In completely senseless news, it was a good night on American Idol.... with Lennon and McCartney being the theme, it's an easy enough genre to sleep your way through singing the songs... but it was still entertaining and quite good.  With Tim being in the bottom 3 for the last ? weeks, it would appear that his smile may not help him through this week, although he did get praise.  It was a good 'Tim' night.  Still, I am thinking of dropping him as a BF and from the company.  Plus, Lee was winking at me during his performance, so... there's that.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. So your clients want some landscaping "pop" in early April? Hmmm.... how about shoving in some plastic flowers and telling them to STFU? (It's snowing here in Denver this morning) Jeez.

    As for your BF, I think the only thing that will save him (based on the other pic you've shared) is for him to rip his shirt off during his performance. That seems to have worked well for Casey James during his audition. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is something quite satisfying in planting well...
    by the way david...whats your own garden like..... have u a photo?????

    ReplyDelete