Sunday, April 25, 2010

Unexpected Pot of Gold

Yesterday was one of those days... it was predicted that it was going to rain all day long... and around 11 a.m., the sun came shining through.  That's when the guilt set in, so I packed up the truck to go do some work at the Marriott and, in the process, my Aunt called and asked when I was going to stop over her brother-in-law's place because he "had a few limbs down".  So I diverted myself over there to find about 18 huge limbs down, and he wanted me to remove a 30' Birch tree.  Of course (this happens all the time) when I started working, the weather changed and it started sprinkling... all day long.  In a race against the 'predicted' line of thunderstorms, I worked my ass off for 7 hours... removing 6 packed truckloads of branches, so it turned out to be a very productive and profitable day. 

Today, it's a beautiful morning... and it's supposed to be raining again.  I've decided to take a guilt-free day off... I'm going to look at flat-screen TV's today.  We'll see if it lasts... the nice weather AND the guilt-free part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment