I love that it's raining today... we needed it any way. I've said it before... look how simple songs were in the past... and I'm not embarrassed to say that that's what I do in my bedroom when it's raining... dance around in a purple skirt.
This was a comment under this youtube post, and it's true...
"it seems like back then they were not ashamed of feeling happy, high or not, they liked to make happy songs, now artists are cynical and depressed, they think that feeling happy is ridiculous and that the only way to make it cool for the audience is cursing or being too sexual. I like this song because is so simple, and its really that simple to feel good"
By today's standards, the lyrics would be more like... 'acid rains fallin' on my 'stensions, yo... and I forgot to take my Ritalin, so I'm jacked and I'm going to cut a bitch fer sure'
mary tyler moore........what a blast from the past
ReplyDeleteloved her in ORDINARY PEOPLE....( I was conrad in my own head)