Thursday, November 19, 2009

Greener Grass...


A few days ago, I joined a meet and greet chat site... and I've met some really nice people. Some locally, which will be nice to hang out with as friends, but it always seems like the good ones are in some other town, far away (hey Brian). What's funny is when I talk to two nice people from the same city and they both talk about nobody good in their city. I guess we're more willing to look outside of our own backyard. Didn't Dorothy teach us anything? Maybe it's because gay guys set themselves up to fail... figuring if they meet someone in another city that's nice, it lingers their hope that there are good guys out there, but they don't have to commit to one, even though they say they want to. I'm not much of a chit-chatter (except on here and in person), so it's frustrating telling someone in Tel Aviv how my day went.


Today was one of those miserable, damp days that Pittsburgh is known for. I really didn't feel like doing anything today, but pushed myself to go over the house and get the wanescoting cut but not glued on the wall, and laid the new floor for the bathroom. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning. Guessing I'll feel like shit afterwards... oh well, tomorrow is shot.


It's light up night here in Pittsburgh on Friday night. All the buildings downtown have to turn all their lights on, and they unveil the Xmas tree, open the skating rink, and Macy's unveils it's holiday windows. 200,000 yinzers later, it's a total cluster-fuck. Oh, and yes.... thereare fireworks afterwards. We're infamous for our fireworks displays. The wind changes directions and someone lights off a friggin' firework of some sort.  I'm not one for crowds and stupid people, or I would go... it's usually a good time if you can get down there early, get drunk and look at all the pretty lights and whatnot.

2 comments:

  1. post comment by mistake on previous entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyable read! Yes, it seems we are in the same boat. The nice guys we meet live in other cities, states for that matter. Although living in different cities/states if two people gay or straight share the same relationship values and are on the same paths anything is possible.

    =) B

    ReplyDelete