I like a wide variety of music from all countries, to all time periods... classical, opera, big band, country, lounge, broadway (duh)... but other than the staples (Cher, Madonna, Barbra, Bette, Reba), I've never really had a person that I would follow to the ends of the earth... until Carrie (and I don't mean the bloody period prom spoiler). Carrie Underwood is the epitome of what a performer should be... fantastic voice, beautiful, kind, humble, caring... and the list goes on. She is really a great person and someone to look up to, coming from nothing and doing what was right to get to the top. More performers today should take notice. This is what 'superstar' looks like when you look it up on Wikipedia. Today, her new album comes out and, although I didn't camp out overnight, I'll be there in a bit to get it as soon as Target opens their doors. On a side note, Kris Allen's CD isn't that bad... guess my ex-lover really didn't need me afterall to make it.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Play On
I like a wide variety of music from all countries, to all time periods... classical, opera, big band, country, lounge, broadway (duh)... but other than the staples (Cher, Madonna, Barbra, Bette, Reba), I've never really had a person that I would follow to the ends of the earth... until Carrie (and I don't mean the bloody period prom spoiler). Carrie Underwood is the epitome of what a performer should be... fantastic voice, beautiful, kind, humble, caring... and the list goes on. She is really a great person and someone to look up to, coming from nothing and doing what was right to get to the top. More performers today should take notice. This is what 'superstar' looks like when you look it up on Wikipedia. Today, her new album comes out and, although I didn't camp out overnight, I'll be there in a bit to get it as soon as Target opens their doors. On a side note, Kris Allen's CD isn't that bad... guess my ex-lover really didn't need me afterall to make it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment