The garage sale was a complete success... made $499 dollars... and, as I expected, all the things that I thought were going to go first because they were nice or valuable were left to the end, and the crap that I was embarrassed to put out was snatched right up. It's a weird menality... garage sale people... take everything, throw it in a box and make them root through it and they love it. Clean it, organize it and display it nicely and they don't touch it. I'm so glad to have all of it gone... I had to take a few boxes down to charity, other than that, most of it went. I have my garage back. I attempted to get fifteen bucks for my Dad, stating that he does dishes, and thought one lady was going to fork over the money.
Matthew's dog was put down yesterday. He was a 13 year old Cocker Spaniel and had a number of problems that probably would have been harder to heal and would have required some patience, time and money. He came from an abusive household and (although we tease Matthew that the dog went through the witness protection program (he changed it's name from Scuddles to Spencer, threw out it's toys and bedding and gave him a shave/bath on the first day)), the dog had a better life than he probably would have. If Spencer was smaller, Matthew would have walked around with him in his pocket book, I'm sure. And although I can't recall that I've ever seen Matthew petting the dog, Arron constantly played with him. They seem to be bouncing back, already talking about getting another one and have names picked out already. It's amazing how much our pets are there for us and go through so much with us. They just don't live long enough. It's heart-wrenching. I miss Shelby.
It's 66 degrees out today... Matt and I are going biking tomorrow to enjoy the weather. Tonight, we're all off to see Pirate Radio.
No comments:
Post a Comment