Tonight, we went to see 2012. Although the predictions of the end of the world from many sources have yet to be proven, you would think all communication and infrastructure from the East side of Pittsburgh were already wiped out, since I can't seem to get any respectful response from my 'friends' over there. 14 texts and emails later, I still wasn't sure who was showing up. It's not that difficult to make up your fucking mind. Since we basically have had to give in to their irrational mental block all along with regard to having to go over a bridge or through a tunnel or spending $2 on gas to come to this side... meeting for everything on that side of town (regardless of the out-numbering of the west-siders and it only being 15 minutes to the other side) to pacify and keep the peace became the norm. I think it's official that no one wants to oblige any more. Having met some new friends tonight, looks like the ones that regularly show up and people that are interested in getting together are all on this side any way. Must be something in the water that causes the rude behavior and ADHD on that side. I am officially done inviting the children to grown-up night. I just wind up being the teacher trying to herd the kids away from the shiny objects when the short bus doors go flying open. Except for the days prior trying to get everyone to focus (which is a frustration for me and usually ruins my time), the night goes more quietly any way. If it sounds like I am pissed, I am.
The drama of getting them to make up their minds was only BARELY overshadowed by the 2.5 hour visual vomit of the end of the world as portrayed in 2012. If you subtracted all the cliches, ridiculous and narrow escapes, dramatic acts of humanity, obvious demises of the bad guys... and two hours of dramatic visual overload and computer generation, you would be left with a message... buy a hybrid before we're all fucked, although it's probably too late any way. While entertaining and somewhat edge-of-your-seatish... anyone with half a brain gave up on a plot and acting 20 minutes in and just watched the carnage, which was pretty awesome in scale. I'd give it 3 days left out of 5... you still have time to save yourself... (hint) build an ark and learn Swahili.

I kinda liked it, even though it was a complete pile of shite!.....my favourite bit was the motley group of survivors (5 americans, 4 tibetians and a russian slut!) battling to get into the china built ark.....classic!!!!
ReplyDeleteand it all was a true homage to The poseidon adventure (even down to the same number, gender mix to the survivors in the 1972 film)
but hey I am skipping my gay way down disaster geeks-dom!
as for your anger.....
big breath
out with anger....in with love.....
tee hee
loser - I see you at least treat everyone the same, no wonder you are so miserable.
ReplyDelete