I don't know what it is... I always get this depressed feeling that overcomes me on holidays. I always feel blah whether there are people around or not. It's just something that happens, and I've learned to just give in to it and get the day over.
I was very surprised Thanksgiving eve when I was out and about... usually there are more people getting last minute things, but all the stores and roads were barren... even Walmart. I went to breakfast yesterday with my friend Elaine and her Mom and it was busy, but no stores open yet. Two hours later, my Dad and I ate our Thanksgiving dinner (Ham, cheesy cauliflower from a bag, orange mashed potatoes and popinfresh biscuits). All that was missing from the day was a plate full of toast, pretzels and popcorn and Charlie Brown finally getting a kick in on that football. But as Linus says, it's being with family that matters. It was really nice to be sitting there with my Dad. I had to laugh because even with the simple meal in front of us, it might as well have been a feast... he's definitely an example of a person who doesn't ask for much and he enjoyed preparing it.
After two rapid-fire meals within a three hour time period, I was stuffed. So I proceeded to sit down and finally watch 'Nights in Rodanthe'. This movie got some reviews calling it overly dramatic, and it was right up there with 'Bridges of Madison County', but I absolutely loved it. Starring Diane Lane and Richard Gere, it was a beautiful love story. After that, I proceeded to sit and watch 6 hours of RuPaul's Drag Race... something like America's Next Top Model, but more so with Drag Queens. I developed a huge sinus headache, put the pillow over my head to block the light and fell asleep around 8ish and slept 12 hours.
It's 36 degrees out and it just started to snow... I want to go out and check out some of the deals, although I don't need anything at all... I don't get why people would want to go out at midnight or 4 a.m. to save a few dollars. They risk life and limb in a stampede. I don't care if they're giving it away... it's not worth it. Anyway, I just need to get out of this room.

Glad to hear that your feeling better. Hope you enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteB=)