Last night, we all went to see "Pirate Radio", about the rock and roll movement in the 60's in England. I'm not one for the English comedy, finding the humor dry and usually naughty and I have a hard time understanding them. The characters were all quirky, loveable and well-developed, the songs were all favorites and the whole movie was one of the best 'feel-good' movies I have seen in a long time. With rock and roll illegal to play on the mainland, the radio station had to open up on a boat in the ocean and the goverment, as you could imagine, didn't like that. The people in the theatre were all boomers or slightly younger... everyone seemed to have a great time. I highly, highly, highly recommend it.... 4 1/2 Beatles albums out of 5.
Today, Matt and I went to Ohiopyle... a little town right on the whitewater river... it's mainly know for that, but also has great hiking and biking trails. My bike has seen a lot of miles... sadly, only in the back of a U-Haul truck from residence to residence. I haven't used it much in the 8 or so years I've had it, but made up for it today. We managed to ride 20 miles. I'm exhausted, but it was so worth it... it was a very nice, calm, relaxing day. We had lunch at an open-air cafe. Some other friends didn't make it, so it was just the two of us which made it nice.


yeap...British humour is usually very dry, slightly sarcastic and pithy!
ReplyDeleteoh and dont forget self depreciating!