Sunday, December 27, 2009

Or Lack Thereof...


It's kind of funny how this sign is true-to-life.  If you look at anything but the word 'focus', things are all swirly in your head.  The same rings true in your day-to-day life... and can be minutely  disected down to, say.... a painting project.

The condo always looks so put together.  It's not until you start moving things or really looking can you see what condition it's really in.  I GROSSLY underestimated this project... and perhaps I would have been a little more focused in the beginning, instead of feeling like it was manageable.  Since Scott's guests are coming in tomorrow... I have to wrap things up by the time I get out of here myself tomorrow.  Sadly, I'm nowhere near being done.  So all I can do is finish painting the two rooms today and try to put things back together enough for them to enjoy their week.  Right now, it's a disaster area... wire shelving off the walls... blinds down... towel racks, bric-a-brac everywhere... D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R. 

I woke up this morning and tried to clean up a bit... thinking that I would be able to focus more on the task at hand.  And it worked.  I think over the last couple of weeks, when I looked at all the mess, I felt overwhelmed and, more recently, backed into a corner.  It's hard too because it's been difficult with me trying to live there as well and daylight being over at 5 p.m.  I have made a lot of progress, and what I have done looks incredible (before and after pics to follow).  To that end, looks like I will be coming back here in a week or two once the guests leave to finish.

1 comment: