I went to the Panera Bread today before heading to the beach... I rounded the corner, and there it was, crouched down next to the bushes... the fabled Ft. Lauderdale black bear. As soon as the weather gets colder (70 degrees or less), they start to come out of hibernation and head into the streets. This one was more domesticated than the average bear... it had some luggage in tow.
People down here are pretty silly. For this woman to have pulled out her full-length mink coat (with mink hat to match) is a little ridiculous. But I guess after being down here for so long, your blood gets thin and you get cold. I saw someone else with a parka on. You can definitely tell the tourists from the natives. Meanwhile, I was in shorts, a T-shirt and flip-flops.
The beach was beautiful today... I didn't even break a sweat and still got a nice tan. It was fairly dead.


No comments:
Post a Comment