I feel like I've been in a holding pattern over the last couple of weeks, far removed from my reality. I almost forget that I have a life somewhere else, whatever it is at this point. Coupled with a diversion from the normal weather... it's strange. The beach was nice yesterday, albeit cool. The water, usually choppy and wavy was exceptionally calm. I hung out with my friends before they got ready to drive up to Pittsbugh over the next couple of days. I'm turning in the car today... getting some last minute things that I need to finish the job. Then I plan to lock myself in the condo for the next x amount of days with a paintbrush.
I'm a little apprehensive about Christmas coming.... paritally because I'll be alone down here, but moreso, just with the reality of it all. And while I will probably spend the day on the beach with the other transplants, I'll be thinking about everyone, everywhere else. I really haven't had a great holiday season full of spirit and cheer in so long, that I don't even know what that looks like, which is probably better with nothing to compare mine to. Last year, with my friends Elaine and Eddie down here, we ate Christmas dinner at the local Chinese restaurant... which I'll probably do this year as well... start a tradition, of sorts, just like in 'The Christmas Story'. Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.

No comments:
Post a Comment