Monday, December 28, 2009

UPDATE to Previous Post

Maybe I'm not supposed to ever get home.... my flight was delayed twice in the last hour... must be a problem somewhere... so we changed it to tomorrow morning since I would have gotten in pretty late. 

After seeing the movie 'Final Destination'...  I always feel like I'm either going to avoid an accident on a flight that I was supposed to be on... or walk (fly) right into the path of doom by being on a flight other than the one I was supposed to be on.  I never switch seats either... and although I am not religious, I say a prayer upon take-off.  I don't really believe in any of the superstitions that deal with good luck... more about bad luck... like walking under a ladder... and I will pull off the road and turn around if a black cat crosses my path.  I can't resist picking up a penny if it's heads up... and will throw salt over my shoulder if spilled. That's pretty much it for me... .I don't know where these come from... but I think that I might be suffering from BOS... Borderline OCD/Superstition.  Is there a pill for that?

SUPERSTITION:  Irrational belief: an irrational, but usually deep-seated belief in the magical effects of a specific action or ritual, especially in the likelihood that good or bad luck will result from performing it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment