When we
were little, my Mom would tuck my brother and me into the bed and read us "The Night Before Christmas". I can remember trying so hard to get to sleep... thinking that Santa wouldn't stop by if we were up... and in the morning, I was always the first one up, but we'd have to wait until our parents got up... and we unwrapped our presents... and played with the boxes... while the dog chewed on the wrapping paper (which I think back then it had lead in it). In elementary school, we would get $5.00 from our Mom to go shopping in the Santa's workshop they set up. We'd buy some crap for our parents... they'd open it and be surprised... my Mom probably would have rather had a pack of Pall Malls... her carcinogen of choice. Then my Dad would make his pancakes... and we'd get ready for guests to arrive, followed by the traditional spaghetti dinner.
were little, my Mom would tuck my brother and me into the bed and read us "The Night Before Christmas". I can remember trying so hard to get to sleep... thinking that Santa wouldn't stop by if we were up... and in the morning, I was always the first one up, but we'd have to wait until our parents got up... and we unwrapped our presents... and played with the boxes... while the dog chewed on the wrapping paper (which I think back then it had lead in it). In elementary school, we would get $5.00 from our Mom to go shopping in the Santa's workshop they set up. We'd buy some crap for our parents... they'd open it and be surprised... my Mom probably would have rather had a pack of Pall Malls... her carcinogen of choice. Then my Dad would make his pancakes... and we'd get ready for guests to arrive, followed by the traditional spaghetti dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment