I got into Philly yesterday. After living here for 12 years, it seems like I never left. It was around 50 degrees in Pittsburgh/Philly when I left to go to Florida back in early December... so all I brought was a hoodie... BIG mistake... and I left that in my truck and didn't take it with me anyway. Even in the baggage claim area, I was freezing. I do love the crisp air though... there's something about it being so easy to breathe (when it doesn't freeze in your throat). Yesterday morning in Ft. Lauderdale, it was only 48 degrees... still not a formidable lead-in to the temperature here.
I'm still up in the air about New Years. There's this sense of urgency that you have something to do, but I think that I'm just going to do nothing. Feeling displaced, I think that I just want to be around my own surroundings, so I may head home a little later. One good thing about here is the gas prices. With gas being around $2.75 at home and in Florida, it's only $2.41 here... AND they pump it for you. I don't get why it's so much cheaper, but I think I will fill up the back of my truck bed with gas as well. Can't get too much of a good thing.
I'm meeting with a friend of mine to get my massage table back from the class and possibly meeting with someone from the class. It will be good to hang out with other friends too.

No comments:
Post a Comment