Bye bye paradise. I'm finally at the airport... my plane takes off in a bit... it's a beautiful day here, although it was about 48 degrees this morning with a high of only 73. It looks like great, clear weather all the way up the coast, so it should be a good flight, less any screaming children. This airport rocks. It's newer, clean and with Southwest (which I never fly), the seats at the gates are all plush leather, have plugs and there are even little internet pods set up, with free wifi throughout the gates.
After being up without sleep yesterday, I zonked out last night around nine. With everything cleaned up and looking nice, it felt like, for the first time, that I was there on vacation. I almost wanted to fight the sleep to actually do something fun... with a clear head and no time constraints. It was good to just sleep though.
I'm not sure still what I'm doing for New Year's Eve. Friends in Philly have a party that they'll take me to. I figure it out when I get to Philly. I'm kind of itching to get back into my own truck and driving though. Me and the open road have a special relationship.

No comments:
Post a Comment