As I previously stated, the trip to the casino the other night was full of interesting things and people. One of them was the bathroom hand dryer. Who would have thought that amongst people with no teeth, smoking cigarettes while pushing their oxygen tanks and display after display of bad 80's fashion in the hollows of West Virginia would be the most cutting edge, technologically-advanced bathroom dryers.
Considering the area, I'm sure that washing their hands is not high on their list of must-do's. Like a beautiful little girl at a monastery, these things were obsolete and useless in their surroundings . Using a thin band of jet air, you stick your hands in and pull them out and it works kind of like a squeegee, boasting dry hands in 12 seconds. I can't imagine what these things cost, considering they are made by Dyson, a company that, while providing interesting designs for things, charges a lot of money for their technology. If I had $700 to pay for one of their vacuum cleaners, I would just get a maid instead. And I recently saw that their new thing is a blade-less fan operating much the same with the band of air... and they are only a mere $300 at Bed, Bath and Beyond... one of the first indicators that shit is going to cost a lot of money if they're selling it. Again, if I had $300 for a fan, I'd have some cute boy (18 years or older, but not much) fanning me with a palm frond, feeding me grapes or some shit.
Who knew that the bathroom of the Wheeling Island Casino could be so edgy. Stay tuned for pics of the car that was parked in the lot next to me truck that just made my jaw drop to the ground.


They have those at the ice rink at Robert Morris too.....I gotta say, they work like a charm. Did you get your shirts?
ReplyDelete