Tomorrow, I am taking a 'me' day. I'm heading to Ohiopyle, a white-water rafting/kayaking area that has a great biking trail. Matt and I went there in the fall and rode 20 miles. And not that I'm needing the exercise, I just want to get away for a day by myself. It's about an hour or so from here.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Return of the Swamp Thing
Somehow, I managed to get up the energy to head to Anna's swampland backyard to do some work. All the pics below are before pics... I didn't take any after pics since I'm not done, but the 6 hours I did spend there, I got a lot accomplished. I had to dig a trench to divert the water and the dirt is literally clay with years of toxic waterflow soaked into it. All I can smell, even after my shower, is swamp-ass. Such a pungent, sulfer smell that was disgusting. I managed to get that dug, remove all the weeds, trim up anything that wasn't a weed and clean up the waterfall to flow better. I have to put down some mulch and do a few other things, perhaps once my nose clears out from the smell.
Tomorrow, I am taking a 'me' day. I'm heading to Ohiopyle, a white-water rafting/kayaking area that has a great biking trail. Matt and I went there in the fall and rode 20 miles. And not that I'm needing the exercise, I just want to get away for a day by myself. It's about an hour or so from here.
Tomorrow, I am taking a 'me' day. I'm heading to Ohiopyle, a white-water rafting/kayaking area that has a great biking trail. Matt and I went there in the fall and rode 20 miles. And not that I'm needing the exercise, I just want to get away for a day by myself. It's about an hour or so from here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Mine's gonna be a walk in the park! They're resetting the steps today - couldn't do it Wednesday because of the rain.
ReplyDelete