Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ups and Downs

Some days are like a give and take.... it gives you a few things, but then takes some away as well.  The morning started out nicely... I got a response from Dave, the guy from camp.  And although he's not anywhere near being ready for a relationship, much less someone who lives 3.5 hours away and has just as much going on, it started my day off with warm fuzzies. 

I dropped my truck off to have the air conditioner fixed (at least 4 hours labor) and decided rather than sit at Barnes and Noble all day long, I had my Dad pick me up and bring me home.  I was able to do some laundry and organize my desk a bit, then left to do some running around and met with Julie and her family for lunch.  Meanwhile, on my way from there to the Marriott to pick up my check, I rode past my truck (still sitting in the same spot 8 hours later).  I called to check up on it and they put me on hold and then disconnected me without giving me any update.

At the Marriott, the audit was yesterday and today and Anna informed me that for the first time, they received a 98% which is the highest that the auditor has ever given out and was the highest they ever received in the history of the hotel.  Taking into consideration the complete outside of the building, every room, public area, kitchen area, etc... every square inch is up for inspection.  It's an amazing feat and everyone should be so proud.  It's a wonderful end to the months of hard work, and I can finally take a deep breath and sigh. 

On top of that good news, I get a call from Pep Boys asking me how important it is that they didn't start my truck and did I need it back tonight.  After taking a whole day waiting... I don't even know where they get the balls to ask that.  I gave them the go ahead for the job two weeks ago to get the parts in and scheduled the appointment a week ago... and here it is, 6 p.m. and they are just starting.  So hopefully they will have it done tomorrow by noon.  Totally unacceptable, but there's no sense getting any more pissed about it.  I'll leave for camp after I get my truck back.

It's a beautiful day outside... big bouncy clouds and lots of sun.  Good times.

UPDATE:  As of 9 p.m., they called back and in an odd twist of fate, the problem wasn't what they thought it was (the guy: "I've never seen this before")... they were able to fix the problem simply, saving me $300, but they still kept the truck overnight to see if the air conditioner would hold the charge.  I'll know tomorrow morning.  Meanwhile, I'll be having dreams of icy cold air conditioning while heading to camp tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment