Monday, June 21, 2010

Boiling Point

I have met some great people at camp this year... one being my new friend, Scott.  He works there but is from Columbus.  We've gotten to know each other and we have a lot in common.  One of those things is that, when mad, we start cleaning.  I have done this since I was little and, in fact, I totally believe that my Mom picked fights with me just to get me to clean parts of the house.  If I'm having a heated argument, I instinctively start rearranging things or cleaning and he does the same thing (as observed when he was mad about something this weekend).

After what happened with my brother yesterday and me finding out that my Dad gave him money over the last week... I came home from work today to find that my Dad had ran the sweeper on the carpets throughout the house.  I don't know if he was venting anger... or he was afraid that I was going to vent on him... but if that's how I can get him to stop watching The Price is Right and do something, then it looks like I'm going to pick more fights with him.

I called my brother's work today knowing full well that he wouldn't be there, but I wanted to see if he still had a job, and he does, so that's good.  He's staying with someone, but I tried calling the half-way house to see if they said he's not coming back.  He's supposed to be taking a pee test to see if he was using.  If not, I guess they'll let him back in.  Meanwhile, on top of the $400, my Dad gave him another $45 to stay with this person because my brother wants to be 'fair' to the person (who I think is his girlfriend, which basically means that he took the money to buy drugs, since if it was your girlfriend and she charged you to stay, I'd be way over that person.  I love how he's so fair with everyone but his own family... and with someone else's money.

Today's grass cutting wasn't as angry as I thought it was going to be, but it was unbearably hot and I got more tan that I didn't need.  I have to fix my Aunt's faucet early in the morning and have a few projects to do throughout the day.  I hope to get a few things out of the way before I head back down to camp on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. I really am honored to be considered one of your new friends this year. It is very nice to "click" with someone like I have with you. On one hand it is refreshing, as you are well aware, we can feel like we are from another planet when it comes to some of these folks here at Gay Camp. Its nice to have someone here to escape with when I get "Gayed" out! On the other hand, it is kind of scary to connect with someone the way we have - we can almost know what the other is thinking! You are the first person I have EVER met that gets pissed and cleans - besides me! Also - your taste in music, as I have experienced using your IPOD, is almost exactly like mine. In conclusion, ITS ALL GOOD and I do not feel completely alone now! Thanks for being you! As if we can get any more connected - lol - your family situation is exactly like mine. I took care of my mother for many years, have brothers that have never grown up and are constantly making life miserable for those around them - my mother is also an enabler with their crap! Can't wait to see you at camp! Drive careful and after today, stay hydrated! LOL

    ReplyDelete