I got down to camp yesterday, after riding in my sufficiently-cool (with new air conditioner) truck, unpacked and then had to get ready to go back down the hill to Wheeling for a night out on the town to the casino. Filled with West Virginia yocals smoking their cartons of cigarettes, betting their rent money on the hopes of fortune and obviously not having paid any attention to their jacked-up, dried-out hair or outfit, it's still a good time out (back to the 80's). Just so you know, there are still stone-washed jeans as staples of some people's fashion collection. We all lost money (I lost $60), but we did get to eat a fantastic buffet. One of the nice things about the casino is that they had a self-serve, complimentary pop station set up, and I was bound and determined to drink my $60 loss off, getting my money's worth.
While I was getting ready, I knew that I wouldn't have to put too much energy into my outfit to stand out in the crowd, but I did want to take a shower and put on a fresh shirt... thinking, wouldn't that be nice. So I went to the closet and it suddenly hit me (although it took what seemed like 4 minutes to process)... I had left all my shirts bunched in the closet and forgot to bring them. This isn't the first time that I did this... last year I did the same thing. Fortunately, my friend George lives 2 minutes from my house and usually comes down Friday night, so he's able to coincide with my Dad to get them and bring them down. Last time, however, despite the shirts being bunched together with gaps on either sides on the rack... he managed to grab my landscaping shirts... all stained and torn. This time, I was a little more explicit with my Dad as to which shirts he was supposed to get from the closet, so I made him tell me what some of the shirts were, thinking he'd tell me the colors. Instead he started reading me some of the shirts... the first one was a graphic of two mostly naked guys wrestling with the heading "Stiff Competion". Fortunately, it didn't register with him... and I stopped him before he got to the next ones, which was "Flex for Sex" followed by "Plow Boy". Glad I didn't plan to bring the one that says "Park-n-Ride". So we'll see if those actually make it here. Although it seems like a simple exchange, everything with my Dad is complicated.
Needless to say, I've been wearing the same shirt for a day and a half (just like the gamblers in the casino)... but I'll be at the pool all day, so I'm fine until they get here later today.

Ha!..."Plow Boy"...fantastic...
ReplyDeleteHA!!!!! This is absolutely hysterical. You crack me up, son.
ReplyDelete