Wednesday, June 30, 2010

All in a Simple Day

Today was one of those days where you are just so happy to be alive.  Not because anything great happened overnight... but because nothing bad did.  I decided to sleep in and woke up at ten... and the birds were chirping and I could hear a locust or two in the distance, but without the humidity and dreariness... it was absolutely gorgeous outside.

I decided to make a day of going into town, about 45 minutes down the mountain.  The drive was spectacular... I was almost giddy, with puffy clouds, blue skies (see pic left) and the windows down, wind blowing through the truck... and Carrie Underwood on my Nano, it was perfect. When I say 'town', I mean a reasonable facsimile.  Of course there's a Wal-mart and a McDonald's and some other big-named stores, but for the most part, it's some mom-n-pops and a variety of Big Lots and every Dollar Store version you can think of.  So after perusing them all and treating myself to lunch and a ice cream cone, I stopped into the pet store where my friend Matt (we call him Paris, because he's the boy version of Paris Hilton) works, for some much-needed puppy therapy.  Being a full-service pet store, they had a gaggle of animals, including a giant turtle, some huge-ass fish, some kitties and some puppies.  One in particular, one of those usually ugly Chihuahua hairless freckled dogs, was actually adorable.

Sometimes it's the simple things that make a life that's rich and full. 

(With limited internet and phone, all the pics didn't download... but will follow in another post)

No comments:

Post a Comment