Thursday, June 10, 2010

Progress (Albeit Someone Else's)

Over the last two days, the 4 guys across the street managed to get 2 floors on the building and the roof... and yesterday, in the pouring rain,  my little cute guy was drenched, poor thing.  I just wanted to take a towel over and dry his tousled hair.  It's phenomenal to think that there's only a few of them working and the progress they're making, but more so, to wonder how it's going to stay together.  Amazing.  At least someone is accomplishing something, although I was able to get to the Marriott and do some dead grass patching in the rain.

Last night, I had dinner with my friend Mark, who I haven't seen in a while.  We got to catch up over a juicy chicken sandwich at my favorite restaurant, Red Robin.  I should buy stock in the company... or at least get a job there in the fall throughout the winter.  After that, I went to another friend's house, Anna, to assess her backyard situation.  I think that I posted pics last year after I cleared it all out... what a mess... it's twice as overgrown this year.  With mine run-off (water), her backyard is like a swamp... and while I'm trying to create a natural, wood-like setting, she has ideas of strolling hand-in-hand through an English garden, hoping to wave to the Queen Mum, which will NEVER happen.  Nothing, except weeds, will grow because of the constant running of water.  So, my plan is to divert the water with a French drain towards the waterfall that I put in last year... and hope that the yard dries out enough to put some real dirt down and plant something.  Meanwhile, that's what 8 foot fences are for, to hide shit.

I've decided not to head to camp this weekend.  First, the gay pride festival is going on, complete with a parade and entertainment (Deborah Cox?).  Also, including Anna's, I have a few projects that I'd like to get done.  Lastly, there are 8 reservations at camp... so it will be very slow.  Camp pulls from Pittsburgh, D.C., and all the Ohio cities... and with it being Gay Pride Month (yes, that deserves to be capitalized), they will all be having their parades throughout staggered weekends, so June is always slower.  Hug your gay friend and be happy that there are gays around... everything would be dull and color-less and not fabulous!

Speaking of camp, I was ecstatically pleased that I got a response from Dave, the guy that I met at camp last weekend, proving that there truly are nice guys still out there.  As the week went on and I didn't hear from him, the reality that it was a fluke thing was setting in.  Special to both of us, the weekend was slightly 'magical'.  With Charleston only being 3.5 hours away instead of the the 5.5 that I expected, I'm not sure if we will pursue anything or not, but I hope to see him again.  Special people aren't a dime a dozen, and I believe things happen for a reason... not sure what that reason is, but...

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not sure if we will pursue anything or not, but I hope to see him again."
    Hey favorite massage therapist, I am glad to read that someone has your heart beating a little faster!
    After our heart to heart discussion over the Memorial Day weekend I found myself feeling sad that you seemed so jaded when it comes to love. I assumed, right or wrong, that someone had hurt you deeply. Hopefully I was wrong and hopefully you will take the risk...you're worth it.

    ReplyDelete