Sunday, June 6, 2010

Feeling Like the Cat Dragged Me In

What a great weekend at camp.  Despite the rain and the storms and how slow it was with the amount of people down there (about 40 compared to last weekend's 450)... it turned out to be a nice time.  I actually did 6 massages compared to 5 last weekend when it was busy... and I had plenty of time to hang out with my friends.  My arms are shredded though and I'm just overall tired. 

 Just when I thought that it was impossible to meet any quality people down there, I met a great guy named David from Charleston, WV... and we hung out (and whatnot).  It was the first time in a long time that I had anyone pay me any attention and I was pleased with myself that I allowed it and just went with it.  It was invaluable to just be able to hold someone's hand, as pathetic as that sounds.  About 5 hours from Pittsburgh, it doesn't look like we will be trying to continue anything, although I really could have fallen.  I guess it gives me a little hope to realize that there are still decent people out there. 

Someone said that Pittsburgh got 6-8 inches of rain over the weekend, so I'm preparing myself for a mess at the Marriott.  That will be the start of the week for me, then heading back to camp at the end of the week.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend! You've earned it. Happy you met someone you could connect with, too. Don't close the door, though. Live (and love) has a strange way of working things out.

    As to the rain in Pittsburgh... jeez, that's about half of what we get all year! Hope it didn't create too much of a mess for you.

    ReplyDelete