Tuesday, June 1, 2010

T-Shirts For Sale

I don't like being one of those people that's running around saying "I told you so" all the time, so I've decided just to get it printed on a t-shirt instead and you can read it for yourself.  I also could break out into Grace's song on Will and Grace (see below).  If you recall, I predicted at the beginning of the season that Kris Allen was going to win and he did (I told you so).  With the help of my now defunct record label and talent management agency, I was able to shoot him to stardom (as well as carry on a May-December relationship with him until I finally cut him loose).  He has gone on to mid-level success without my guidance.

This year, back in a February 26th posting, I discussed that I was torn between teflon Tim and Lee Dewyze.  I decided to go with Tim (with his free-flowing hair, dazzling smile and manly-muscle arms) and was able to spring him back to life after he almost went home, but he did go home (coincidentally just as I kicked him out of my bedroom) a few weeks later, and I switched back to Lee.  I finally got to watch the finale of this year's season and.... (wait for it).... (wait for it).... (how about those Pirates?).....(wait for it)... Lee won!!

This season was one of the dullest, most talentless gatherings to date.  Crystal, the runner-up, blew her load early in the season and then just kind of petered out.  Lee, who was lack-luster from the start, really can't sing that well, is just your plain ordinary guy on the street and really didn't bring much.

The finale barely topped the season, with a slew of D-list, has-been artists from back in the day (Hall and Oates, Michael McDonald, Barry Gibb, Alice Cooper, Alanis Morrisette).  And after all we heard from the judges this year about them being relevant and hip and now, this is the shit we get.  Meanwhile, even three hundred years after their rise and fall, they still even managed to out-sing the top ten finalists that they were paired with.  The highlights of the night were:  Paula Abdul coming back in a hot little pink ruffled number for an appearance for Simon's send-off (until she opened her mouth (way too many times) and spoke)... Janet Jackson performed two of her songs and looked fierce... Bret Michaels (up from almost dying) sang with Casey and was excellent... all the winners of the past seasons got together to sing a song... and that was about it.  It seemed like every single performer sang a song that put you to sleep.  Way to go out with a fizzle.  I want my three hours per week back.

1 comment:

  1. So glad I did not waste my time - my interest waned earlier in the season!!!

    ReplyDelete