Friday, June 25, 2010

Mooning

This weekend's theme is Full Moon weekend... the campground has an observatory and one of the seasonals used to be a science teacher, so he has all these events when there's some planetary phenomenon.  With being on a mountaintop and with his powerful telescope, I've seen some amazing sights.  Normally, with it being so open and dark, you don't even need a telescope to see every star in the sky.

In conjunction with that, they offer a free drink in the bar if you show your 'full moon'.  This is a nice weekend to counteract my self-professed 'year of the weiner'... after my seminar in December, and I've decided to be a little more relaxed this year in an exercise of self-acceptance.

The picture was taken by my friend, Max, on his trip up here along the ridges... you can see the moon in the distance, slightly left of center.

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss the "Year of the Wiener"? It wasn't on my Chinese calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is the year of the wiener going? What exactly should we anticipate with the year of the wiener! :)

    ReplyDelete