Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Potpourri, For $1000, Alex
The beginning of the week is usually when I go meet my friend, Scott, at the casino, but since he had to head back to Columbus to pack up his apartment for his move to camp, I was on my own. So, with a bug up my ass, I got done cutting at the Marriott and figured I'd go. So at 8:15, I left... and didn't get back home until around 3 a.m. With no agenda or time frame, I just sat and played my games, befriending a few blue-hairs... at one point, I was down about $40, then cashed out my final game at $87, leaving with a few bucks in my pocket for a change. I find it very therapeutic and, since I really don't go there to win, it's no pressure.
I know I owe an E! update already and since the most exciting Hollywood news was Zac Efron grew some facial hair (and looks like a pedophile) and Ricki Lake burned down her house trying to fill a space heater with kerosene, and somehow, it ignited... I will just simply say that the biggest news this week is that my 'progrums' started again this week. It feels like a friend has come back from vacation or something... it's really pitiful. I went through my DVR and cleaned out shows that were cancelled and set up recordings and priorities for the new ones... Hawaii 5 - O, being one of them. I remember Jack Lord driving all around Waikiki in his late model, brown, big fat Mercury Marquis... and how could you forget the theme song? I'm just thankful that I have my DVR to tape it so that, although I am saving time not watching commercials, I use that time to cram in more shows. No wonder I'm up until 3 a.m. most nights.... I'm already behind from last night's plethora of entertainment.
The glass on my phone screen cracked, so I ordered a replacement and it came yesterday... so I spent most of the day adding the shortcuts, settings, pictures, phone numbers, bookmarks and applications that I had. You would think that they could have figured a way to have it all transfer seamlessly, but they haven't. What a pain in the ass.
Everything's still a go for the closing at the end of the week and the reunion. I am actually going to go buy some new dress pants and perhaps a button-down shirt... something that says that I was smart enough not to get bogged down with kids and looks like I'm going clubbing with 'The Situation' and won't have time to sit around and chit-chat about your life all evening long, even though I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment