Friday, September 24, 2010

Don't Know if I'm Coming or Going

I was anchoring too much to the closing today (end of the week, turning over a new leaf, moving on, closure, financial relief) that I don't even know what to do with myself today now that it's been post-poned.  For the first time in a long time, I feel the same feeling I used to get when you were waiting to hear whether you got a job or not... especially when it happened on a Friday and you knew nothing was going to happen on the weekend.  I have been building up to today for over 6 weeks (or really, almost two years) and now, I'm not sure that I'm not going to go mad until it's rescheduled.


With the mounting pressure of all of this, I can't help but feel the need for escape.  I've been a pressure cooker for the last two years waiting for the closing and now I have to wait more time.  I'm not the kind of person that runs from problems, but when they are solved, I long for some down time.  I love the open road... so much so that I actually considered being a truck driver (except that I like taking a bath a few times a day, don't know any dirty ho's that would ride with me and I have all my teeth (some in a box that I would keep on the dashboard, but still)).  Recently, I have thought about getting a little 17' travel trailer that I could pull with my truck and be able to just get in and go... or go to camp with it for a couple weekends a year.  The idea of freedom on wheels is very appealing.  I found one in Indiana, PA but the guy is either the worst salesman ever or doesn't want to sell it after all, since he can't seem to figure out a time for me to see it.  (UPDATE:  The trailer was sold)

No comments:

Post a Comment