Monday, September 27, 2010

It's Nano Your Business What I'm Listening To...

Facing Monday is never any fun... facing it when it's drizzly and cold is a whole different animal.  I have a really hard time when it's gloomy outside... all those years of manual labor and massage combined with the dampness makes for a body ache that's not fun.  Yesterday, anticipating the rain, I went to the Marriott and got some grass cut and some leaves blown... so today, while I'm in the holding pattern with the closing, I'm just kind of getting caught up on my taped programs before the whole thing starts up this week again with fresh episodes.  I don't usually allow myself to just relax, but it was a particularly stressful weekend... with the cancelled closing and reunion... and finding out yesterday that my Dad co-signed on two other school loans for my nephew that I didn't know about.  I'm pretty close to giving up on trying to protect my Dad, especially when he keeps on 'playing in the middle of the road', so to speak.  It never ends.  I'm not sure that I'll ever get to a point where I can just relax a bit and let my guard down that he's not going to do anything stupid and my brother/nephew aren't planning some sort of attack.  With my brother back with his 'girlfriend' and out of work, it's only just beginning.

Today would be a good day to hold a puppy.  Maybe I'll go buy some flowers... I love having fresh-cut flowers in the house.  Here's what I'm listening to..

2 comments:

  1. The dogs are a bit poofy for my liking but I agree about the flowers.... for years I have always had cut flowers in the house EVERY WEEK.... it is just a habit and an indulgence I insisted on every week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep fighting the good fight cause if you don't, who will? You know you are that
    "responsible guy" who can't sit back for long; besides, if you did, you would really have a boat-load of clean-up. Sometimes it's so discouraging and hard not to just throw your hands up in the air, but you are living without regrets, and that is something to be proud of my friend. Smile. ;)

    ReplyDelete