Last week, Verizon thought they'd be cute and pushed a Google Droid update on our phones. I'm all for progress, but it seems like most of what they have done made it worse... but the thing that is most unnerving is that they, obviously getting kickbacks from the companies, forced certain apps onto the phone. Now that doesn't sound too bad, especially if one was 'the hot guys of summer' or 'the shopping channel'... but it's stuff that I would never use... and WORSE... you can't remove them or get them from constantly running, despite killing them with Task Killer or force closing them. The result is a battery that used to last for 2-3 days without being charged to one that now lasts 2-3 hours before it's dead.
I understand that they have been getting a lot of complaints and are supposedly looking into a patch to fix it but, in the meantime, if I go to make some emergency call or don't get one (say from my Dad), they will have such a lawsuit on their hands that their tagline, 'MyVerizon', will mean just that... it will be my company... and I just wrote them a scathing email to that effect. If they don't fix it, I will disconnect my service and return the phone. I'm that pissed about it. It's bad enough we have to have all the ads and shit shoved down our throats on our computers... now on our phones too?

No comments:
Post a Comment