Friday, December 24, 2010

The Twelve Minutes of Christmas

It's funny... if you don't work in the customer service/retail industry... don't work in a traditional office... don't have kids... and don't get caught up in the hustle and bustle of gift buying... Christmas can really sneak up you before you know it without warning and be gone.  I was out today doing a few things and noticed that it wasn't as crazy as years gone by, like I remember.  I usually like to go out amongst all the last minute shoppers, especially when I don't have anything to accomplish, which puts me in the mood.  There were some light flurries throughout the day and there's a medium dusting on the ground for a white Christmas.  It will make it easier for Santa to get around tonight, not that his fat ass will be stopping here.

Last night, I met up with about 35 classmates from my high school, from varying graduating years.  There was a Penguins game and a Steelers game going simultaneously, and we were in a sports bar.  It was great that people could come out for a bit right in the midst of all that they have going on at this time of year.... and it was interesting to see people all grown up.  It was a fun night of drinking and eating and, hopefully, we'll be doing another one in a few months.

I was just downstairs making an eggnog cake (yes bitches, I can cook.. jealous?).  I picked up a few movies and my Dad's in his sitting room watching TV.  I was able to meet up with a lot of people that I haven't seen in a while for lunches and whatnot lately, spoke to some people on the phone and caught up with some on Facebook.  I stopped at my Aunt's house today and brought her flowers and I have a dinner with friends tomorrow night.  Tonight, it's me, my woobie and my TV.  My work is done.  I have a strange feeling of peace.  All is good. 

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and all that... to everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I like seeing old friends from school, too. At the end of Oct I met up with about 20 friends who sang in the concert choir and/or performed in the vocal jazz/show choir with me in high school. It was a lot of fun! Glad to know I'm not the only one who LIKES reunions. P.S. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete