Monday, December 13, 2010
Running from the Weather
Yesterday, bad weather was at my heels. I narrowly escaped Pittsburgh before the rain and ice and snow... and when I got to my layover in Tampa, the line of storms was about to hit as well. It was 80 degrees when I got here yesterday, and not a cloud in the sky. After a pretty bumpy ride, I got to the hotel and unpacked and ran to the store to get a few things and some pop and water for the fridge in my room. I have a pretty modest room, although it does have a balcony that overlooks the pool area. They have a decent little gym here (not that I'll be going in there... duh... vacation). Last night, I watched some TV then went out for a drink and was home, in bed watching TV at around 10:30. I woke up at 4 a.m., but was able to sleep until 8:30. Today, I'll just be tooling around a bit. It's only going to be 65 degrees here today and supposed to drop down to 32 degrees tonight... but it's perfectly sunny. I'm sure everyone that lives here will be in their parka coats today like it's the frozen tundra. Even down into the 30's here doesn't feel the same as back home. Perhaps tomorrow I will hit a beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Enjoy David - you deserve it!
ReplyDeleteInteresting that it's going to be warmer here in Denver today than where you are in Florida. What a world, what a world!
ReplyDelete