Friday, December 31, 2010

A Slice of Heaven, in 2011

2010 was a productive year for me...

- I completed the first full year of my contract with the Marriott, contributing to high inspection scores and possibly the hotel getting 'Marriott of the Year' out of 300+ hotels across the country.
- I sold my Dad's house, got his finances in order as well as resolved some of my nephew's school loans
- Managed to distance us from my brother and his antics
- Did a lot of self-discovery and worked through some issues.

It doesn't sound like much looking at it in retrospect... it was definitely more exhausting than it sounds.  Anyway, I have decided to make a commitment to myself in the next two and a half months before my contract starts again to work on my body through excercise and nutrition.  It's blaringly obvious that I need to make changes.  With this time off, there's no reason why I can't do it.  I'm sitting down today to write my short-term goals out which will include no more pop or coffee... a week on the South Beach Diet to curb my carbs/sugar cravings and getting back into the gym.  I'm taking it a little at a time... with just goals to get me through the next three months.  No sense biting off more than I can chew.  I find that I accomplish more that way.

Tonight, I'm heading over Michael and Thomas' for a low-key NYE celebration... tomorrow, there will be changes.  Happy New Year to all... may this coming year be filled with the best of health, wealth and happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment